Thursday, September 20, 2012

Plain Jane No More

Here's a sneak peak of how not so plain Jane turned out...


At first I was just going to distress this piece and be done...
The creative juices were flowing.... it had potential to be so much more...


I did a really quick paint job, not caring if it was fully 
covered because I wanted the white to show through.

I can't get enough of the Rub 'n' Buff, I have applied gold to the knobs.



I am in love with this color, the best way I can describe it is a deep sea foam.


A quick brush on the sides.


Now distressed... yummy!


Ohhhh.... I know what I am gonna to do with the panels!

STENCIL! 
I only wanted to use part of this stencil, so I taped it off.
Using what else but Rub 'n' Buff!


How can you not love this worn look!
At this point I was very excited!


The gold on the knobs, all distressed.


This is my favorite piece in the shop!


The mirror above makes a perfect pairing for someone's dining room.


Now the fun part, decorating!


It's ready to go home with someone very lucky!!



7 comments:

  1. What a pretty piece. I had not thought of using rub n buff for stenciling. I'll have to give that one a try. Cam over via The Shabby creek cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this is your favorite piece now, Bridgit! It's beautiful! Perfect color, perfect distressing, and perfect stenciling! I had never thought of using R&B for stenciling, either...but I will now! What color is that sea foam blue....? I love it!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for using AMACO's Rub 'n Buff - this is adorable! I've seen RNB stenciled on the wall, but not on a piece of furniture. This works great as the finishing touch.

    I've mentioned this on our Facebook page (Rub 'n Buff Metallic Finishes) and linked back to your blog.

    Thanks again!

    Becky
    bfinch@amaco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous!!!
    Beautiful makeover :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty--love what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see there is the gold and white coming through where you distressed the piece. Did you just paint certain parts gold and paint over with the seafoam green and sand that out? Love the depth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails